Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I now have a goal and a purpose...

I've been reading a self help book. (For those poo-pooing it already..go read my last post. Give it a chance. It really isn't all that bad.)

Anyway..the idea of the book is to realize that you are a badass (the title is "You are a BADASS.") and that you deserve to live the life that you have always dreamed of. You deserve to be happy and be the best you that you can possibly be. It has been a good read so far.

So part of the deal of realizing that you deserve the life you have always dreamed of is knowing what that life is. What do you want? What is your dream life? I've been thinking about it recently because my life hasn't really been my ideal as of late. 

Well..I know what I want and I thought I'd share.

This is my dream life (realisticly).

I want to have a career. More specifically, I want the Client Event Coordinator position at a company called VitalSmarts. (I know that I am going to get an interview for the position, which is good! A step in the right direction.) 

I want to have my own apartment. I want it to be 100% mine. I don't want any room mates. I want to have my own space. My own dishes. My own couch. My own.  A place that I can decorate and manage and clean. Somewhere I can relax after a long day at work. Somewhere I can sit and watch lightning storms with my favorite mug full of hot chocolate. Somewhere I can have parties with my friends. Somewhere that my little siblings can come and spend the night for fun during the summer. Somewhere I can walk around in my underwear because I don't feel like wearing pants.

I want to have a dog. I want to have a Boston Terrier. His name will be Walter and he will have a bow tie collar because he's classy like that.

I want to be in shape. I want to have a gym membership that I use 3 times a week. I want to go to yoga classes. I want to go to Bikram yoga (hot yoga.. ya know the one where they turn the temp up to 105..) classes. I don't know why I want to do that so bad, but I do and I will. I want to go on hikes (with Walter). I want to be more active.

I want to love who I am completely. I want to be ok with the imperfections that I have. I want to focus on the things that I am really good at. I want to acknowledge my strengths. I want to know in my core that I am a badass and that I freaking rock.

I want to be happy. I want to be independent. I want to self sufficient. I want to be an adult. I want to live. Actually live.

I want to be ok with letting go and allowing to come what may.

That is my dream. That is my goal. That is the life that I will live. I now have a goal and a purpose and I am going to fight to get there with everything that I am.

Ya. 

Haha.

Til next time!

-MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment