Thursday, May 22, 2014

It might become somewhat of a drug for me...

The other day, I talked about how I have become rather fond of hiking and going up into the canyon. Well it is true. Oh so very true. I think that it might become somewhat of a drug for me. 

I don't think that I can correctly put it into words right now. (I just got home from a long day of work... aka... I'm totally brain dead at this time..) BUT you are in luck! 

You see I went up into the canyon this morning and I brought a journal with me and I was able to rather eloquently put into words how being up in the mountains make me feel. So I thought I'd share that with you, as well as some pictures that I took today!

Here we go...

May 22, 2014 

Sometimes life gets to be too much. the complexity of jobs, resumes, loans, cars, college, social media, and even just my own thoughts bog up my life in a way that is too much for me to handle. When the pressure builds, I escape to the only place that has the ability to bring me peace.

Here I sit on the shore of Sliver Lake way up in the canyon, looking over the rippling, blue water and it all goes away. The wind rattles the aspen leaves and seems to drag all of that pressure and complexity and stress right out of me. This is the one place that I can just be.

Surrounded by the mountains, the towering walls of history and life, I am finally able to breathe, truly breathe. My confused, anxiety laden, self-doubting thoughts are silenced. The dramas of work and the thoughts of others don't matter and become practically non-existent. The fears of my unknown future that normally keep me awake for hours at night, seem so small and insignificant. 

For the few hours that I am able to spend out in the canyon, I am able to put the world behind me. I am able to live in the moment, take one step, one breathe at a time. For a few hours, I am whole.











That's my BFF.. just btw..
















Go out into the mountains if you have the opportunity!

Til next time!

-MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment