Sunday, March 31, 2013

A changed woman....

3rd catch up post.

(Sorry if this is kinda weird to put them all in at one day, but hey, I've got the time and there is no better time than now, right?)

Anyways...

So next week I will officially have finished my freshman year of college! I'm so excited! It has been a long and crazy ride, but I have loved every minute of it. I love my college and the city that I'm in. I have really grown as a person. I feel more confident, smart (obviously), and just happy and accomplished!

To be totally honest, I was terrified of going to college. I mean I was really excited about the idea of it: new friends, more freedom, having adventures..... all great stuff. But I was terrified. I mean it took me a few months to get up the courage to call the school to ask a few questions that I had. It was really bad. But I had nothing to be afraid of.

Really these last few months have been so eye-opening. I have found that I can do so much more than I thought I could do a year ago. I am more proactive than I used to be (I still need to work on it and be more willing to put myself out there for the world to see, but I'm getting better). I plan for things better. I have to plan for homework, travel, work, after school/group projects, etc. Less procrastination...not gone...but less. Ha! 

Really though, I feel more rounded out...? Sorry that sounds weird, but I guess its the truth. I am getting closer to the person that I want to be and that I know I can be. 

To all of the friends I have made in college: Thank you for being awesome and helping me through my college experience. You people are such great examples and sources of light in my life. The things that you say and do mean so much to me, even if they don't seem like that big of a deal to you! Really, thank you! :)

To my family: Thank you for also being awesome! Thanks for dealing with my complaining about waking up early and being tired or how some teacher is annoying. Thanks for believing in me and encouraging me through my crazy "over think everything" stage (that still seems to continue even today). You have been one of the greatest blessings of my life! I thank you and love you soo very much!

To you readers, whoever you may be: I just want to thank you as well. For taking the time to read my crazy rantings. That is pretty cool of you! Now I want to say something to you...advice I guess you could call it. I know that I am young and I don't have much advice to give, but I still have something to say. GO FOR IT! It is a simple phrase, but sometimes that simplest of things can be the most important. Go for you dreams. Go for that person you really think is fantastic. Go for that job that you have always wanted. Go for that passion. Go for what is best for you. Whatever your "it" is, GO FOR IT! I have unfortunately spent a lot of my life waiting for my "it" to come to me. It is something that I am working on continually. And it is something that I wish that I figured out a lot sooner. Don't be like me...the old me. :) 

Let's make a deal. I'll go for it if you do! DEAL! 

So there you have it. College. Making me a changed woman! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment