Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dare to Begin...

My world has kinda turned upside down. In the next few months everything in my life will have changed and become new.


New school.

New city.

New transportation.

New job.

New environments.

New working styles.

New teachers.

New boss.

New students.

New co-workers.

Everything NEW.

And honestly I've been terrified of it. I like to know what is going to happen, what to be prepared for and new things don't give me that. There is this factor of unknown that comes with the word new. You can never be sure about everything that is going to happen when something is new and that scares me more than probably anything else. I like to know and be prepared. I like to be aware of everything that could happen so I don't do anything dumb or so I don't forget something. I just like to know and to have some sort of control. New doesn't bring me much control.

This fear of new and change really has been something I've always struggled with, but especially recently. I just get so caught up in not knowing. I worry about not being prepared. I try to prepare myself by creating situation after situation of every little thing that might happen that I freak myself out with all of the possibilities. It has caused me much pain and grief unfortunately. But I'm working on it. I'm trying to find the good that comes with new. Its not going to come easy, but I know that it will be worth it.

Something that has helped me see the good in all of the new are a few quotes that I have found. I often have trouble putting words in a coherent way that express how I feel. So I turn to those that are more eloquent and have perfectly phrased my jumbled feelings. 

So here are the ones that have helped me and I hope they make sense and help you too.

"There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on." - ?

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"The secret of getting started is breading your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks and then starting on the first one." - Mark Twain

"All glory comes from daring to begin." - Eugene F. Ware 

So ya. My life is all really new and its kinda freaking me out right now. But I know that I just got to keep looking for the good in the new and that its all gonna end up ok. Like the last quote says all you gotta do is dare to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment